We are located in a vibrant non-touristic area, surrounded by authentic shops and restaurants. There are ATMs, fruit stalls and a convenience store just at the corner. Plus, some cool local places to be discovered. Getting to the city center and other must-see attractions won’t take more than 20 minutes. Check our guests+staff picks:
- Yatch Cabin for casual local food/beer, Beach Wadia for seafood under the stars.
- ON14 for a scenic happy hour with reasonable prices
- Java Lounge, One Up and Whight& Co for coffee lovers
- Barefoot: Store + Chill café
- Wide range of cuisines nearby: Indian, Thay, Chinese, Arab, Italian, Vegetarian, Fast-food (take away menus available) and others around the attractions.
- Not so near but, oh, so good: Kumbuk Café at Prana Lounge and others in that area.
- Savoy Cinema
- Wellawata market (Little Jaffna vibes)
- Temples: on Galle Road you’ll find Hindu and Bhuddist Temples, Churches and Mosques.
- National Tea Board
- Majestic City: local mall for tea, souvenirs, electronics
- Ask our manager about the best fashion shops around
- Gangaranmaya and the temple by the lake (nice tea shop/cafe around)
- Galle Face Green for street food and local vibes
- Fort area: The Old Dutch Hospital/Twin Towers/Old buildings. Look for the Dilmah Tea Lounge in this area. It has a very unique concept!
- Pettah Market
- Victoria Park (Museum and Paradise Road Cafe)
- Geoffrey Bawa architecture
- Cutz n’ Curlz (beside P&S, perfect for eyebrows threading and quick blow dry) – 0776507030
- Salon Anoma (Galle Rd, 272 near 2nd bus stop)
- Foot Comfort +- 100m from the hostel: 0773409662
- Western Style Manicure (OPI) – Crescat Boulevard
- Saturdays at the Good Market: Henna tattoo and Shiatsu with blind masseurs (weekdays appointments available)
- NEW FINDING! An amazing waxing place, check at the reception.